I’ve recently gotten into the habit of packing essential nutrients into my diet in the form of smoothies. An energizing smoothie is a fantastic way to start the day, and nutrient-rich, protein-packed smoothies are perfect post-gym snacks. It’s so much fun to experiment with different ingredients and see what kind of deliciousness you can invent! This is one of my favorite creations, and it’s great to have at any time of day.
¾ cup frozen berries (I use a mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, but any will do!)
½ cup vanilla soy milk
¼ cup water
1 tbsp Tru-Nut peanut butter powder
1 tbsp chocolate hemp protein powder
Add all the ingredients to your NutriBullet… Read more...
Making your own meals at college can be challenging. Most likely you will have a mini fridge that that stores less than you are accustomed to. You might also share this fridge with your college roommate, leaving you with even less space. This, along with your peers and time constraints, may influence you to just grab something quick at a fast food restaurant or your campus cafeteria. The truth is, this is not a healthy diet and can be much more expensive than preparing your own food. Here are some simple recipes that are healthier for you than your local fast food chain.
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
Chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, lemon, garlic, and sesame oil, then grilled … Read more...
Toni Senecal from Toni On! New York stopped by one of our P.C. Richard & Son showrooms to check out some of the BBQ grills we have available and learn a fantastic recipe from our own Pat Dehner. He explained that our gas grills range from $99 to $8,000 for your absolute dream grill, and Toni was shocked to hear that you can cook anything on a Weber grill that you’d normally cook in your oven! Yes, we have done demonstrations where chocolate chip cookies were made on one of these fine grills.
Pat didn’t make chocolate chip cookies with Toni this time, but made a delicious modified version of peaches and cream. Check out the video here, and the … Read more...
We’ve already covered how to choose the best air conditioner for you and what you need to know to keep it running like new, so, putting A/Cs aside for now, here are some additional ways you can keep cool in this weather:
1. At night, open your windows and turn on any ceiling fans so that they are spinning counter-clockwise to circulate the air. In the morning, close the windows to trap the cooler air inside while it lasts (especially during peak heat times of 10am – 2pm). Closing your blinds and curtains will help the cooler air last longer, espeically on the south or west sides of your home where the sun beats most.
2. Avoid caffeine close … Read more...
Happy Cinco de Mayo, readers! This holiday was originally created to commemorate the Mexican army’s victory against the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Today, many people take advantage of the holiday to celebrate Mexican heritage, which usually includes margaritas and excellent Mexican cuisine. Our friends over at GE Appliances have some great recipes, including this Mexican-inspired taco casserole dish. Grab some chips, a chilled drink, and enjoy!
Taco Casserole: Serves 4-6
- 1 pound ground beef chuck, browned and drained
- 1 15-ounce can chili-hot beans, undrained
- 1 9-1/4 ounce bag corn chips
- 1 1.5-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 14.75-ounce can creamed corn
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix ground beef, taco seasoning,
… Read more...