We’re slightly obsessed with Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 cameras. Seriously, how can you not want to take a million pictures with these?
We love that Wi-Fi cameras can upload photos directly to social media, but we also love having our photos printed right into our hands! These cameras themselves make fashionable accessories, and they let you capture instant memories in cute, credit-card-sized photos. The little squares are fantastic for journaling and decorating spaces like dorm rooms! Here are some of our favorite ways people are using these cute little pics:
Who needs wallpaper when you can have a collage of all your adventures?
This adorable DIY photo album from for-girls-only.com
Turn them into a clock!
Collect them in … Read more...
Summer is prime vacation time, and many of us are currently working on getting the final details of our trips together. This is a super exciting time, but there’s always the fear you’ll forget something. Since you’ll be too far from home to run back and grab the thing you forgot, here is a quick checklist you can consult before you leave to make sure you won’t be yelling at yourself when you arrive at your destination:
- Plane tickets
- Passport/Visa/birth certificate
- Cash/credit cards/debit cards/traveler’s checks
- Any confirmation you need to check in where you’re staying
- A few tops
- Dress/suit/some form of formal attire
- Sweater or light jacket
- Shoes (try to limit to no more than
… Read more...
The weather is warm and kids are home for the summer, so it’s the perfect time to plan a family camping trip! Here are the things you’ll need to have the best adventure into the outdoors:
Take pics of everything! You’re spending time in beautiful nature, and the pictures you take will be wonderful memories. This is also an opportunity for some high quality photography, so if you’re interested in this as an art form, make sure you have some good gear!
Don’t forget these! Light is sparse out in the wilderness, and you’ll want to be able to see. Consider bringing a headlamp along, in addition to a regular flashlight. Pack some extra batteries… Read more...
It’s graduation season, which means there’s a group of people graduating college and entering the post-academia world. If you’re one of these people about to embark on adulthood, first of all, congratulations! It’s going to be a fantastic journey. You’re probably feeling a little sad about leaving college, but think about all the adventures that are in store! One of the biggest and most fun is right around the corner: your first apartment. Transitioning from dorm room living to apartment living is a big change, and it’s an exciting opportunity to create a space that’s uniquely yours.
Chances are your apartment won’t be very big (unless you are a person who can afford a large apartment right out of college; … Read more...
May 18th is No Dirty Dishes Day! The point of today is to not have any dishes to clean for the entire day. If you ever wanted to spend a whole day eating in restaurants, today is that day! This is a great excuse to take a break from one of the most tedious daily chores and enjoy work-free dining this one time.
For every other day of the year, you can reduce time spent washing dishes by trying these tips to lighten the task.
1. Load your dishwasher correctly. Make sure your dishes are facing toward the center, where the sprayer is. Put your silverware in with the handle down, and separate each item as much as possible. … Read more...
We’re all well-versed in basic kitchen safety, but there are particular safety precautions you need to know if you’re going to spend any time in the kitchen on Friday the 13th. If you plan to cook anything today, take heed of the following warnings:
1. Air bubbles in bread represent coffins, so if you cut into a loaf and see a hole, it’s an omen of death. My advice would be to just not cut into any bread today.
2. Spilling your tea means a stranger is coming to visit you.
3. If you’re cooking with friends, stay away from hot peppers. If you must use them, make sure you don’t directly hand them to each other. Handing a hot … Read more...
The end of the school year is upon us, which means many of us are preparing for the long-anticipated pinnacle of high school: prom. This is a really exciting and fun part of the high school experience, but it can also cause a lot of stress. At this point, you’ve (hopefully) already figured out what you’re wearing, so we’re going to focus on some tips to help you have a stress-free and memorable prom experience:
1. I recommend doing your hair yourself. This sounds counterintuitive, since getting someone else to do it seems far easier, but here’s the thing: you know how to do your hair. You just need the basic items (hair dryers, flat irons, curling … Read more...
While you’re spring cleaning everything this season, don’t neglect your appliances! It’s sometimes easy to forget these things need to be cleaned periodically in order to continue to function optimally and keep the air in your home fresh. While this is important, not everyone has time to deep clean every item in their house. So here are some quick, easy ways to get your appliances sparkling without losing the whole day.
Wipe down the sides with an all-purpose cleaner or white vinegar. Then remove the bottom rack, and pour a cup of vinegar on the bottom of the machine. If you’re feeling frisky, sprinkle a 1/4 cup of baking soda on there.
Mix baking soda and vinegar, and … Read more...
Now that the weather is the best it’s been all year, there’s no excuse to stay indoors! This is especially good news for those of you who aren’t fans of going to the gym. Now you can get outside to stay active and healthy!
If you don’t already have one, you’re going to want to get your hands on a Fitbit. Among other features, these sleek and stylish wristbands track your steps, calories burned, and active minutes, so you can make sure you’re on top of your health each day. It will be super encouraging to see your Fitbit track your activity now that the weather is warming up. We tend to be far less sedentary when the weather … Read more...
After a harsh winter full of damaging weather and road conditions, it’s time to get your car back in shape for spring. This is going to be a season full of adventures, so we need to make sure our vehicles are ready to go. Here’s how!
1. Give it a thorough cleaning. I’m talking both interior and exterior—your car needs it. Between all the snow and ice that was coating the paint and the dirt and grime that got caked in the carpet, your car is almost definitely in need of a good wash. Start by cleaning out all the junk you’ve accumulated during the winter. What are you keeping your car that doesn’t need to be thee? Is there … Read more...