Happy Cinco de Mayo, readers! This holiday was originally created to commemorate the Mexican army’s victory against the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Today, many people take advantage of the holiday to celebrate Mexican heritage, which usually includes margaritas and excellent Mexican cuisine. Our friends over at GE Appliances have some great recipes, including this Mexican-inspired taco casserole dish. Grab some chips, a chilled drink, and enjoy!
Taco Casserole: Serves 4-6
- 1 pound ground beef chuck, browned and drained
- 1 15-ounce can chili-hot beans, undrained
- 1 9-1/4 ounce bag corn chips
- 1 1.5-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 14.75-ounce can creamed corn
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix ground beef, taco seasoning, corn and beans.
- Crumble corn chips and place in the bottom a 2 quart oblong or equivalent casserole dish that has been lightly grease or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour meat mixture over chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with sliced ripe olives, guacamole, salsa, shredded lettuce and/or sour cream
Do you have any great Mexican recipes for Cinco de Mayo? We’d love to hear from you! Please post them in the comments.
Image credit: GE Appliances
Stay informed on the latest P.C. Richard & Son sales product news, tips and tricks, contests, P.C. Richard & Son Theater shows and more! Subscribe today.