I’ve recently gotten into the habit of packing essential nutrients into my diet in the form of smoothies. An energizing smoothie is a fantastic way to start the day, and nutrient-rich, protein-packed smoothies are perfect post-gym snacks. It’s so much fun to experiment with different ingredients and see what kind of deliciousness you can invent! This is one of my favorite creations, and it’s great to have at any time of day.
¾ cup frozen berries (I use a mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, but any will do!)
½ cup vanilla soy milk
¼ cup water
1 tbsp Tru-Nut peanut butter powder
1 tbsp chocolate hemp protein powder
Add all the ingredients to your NutriBullet… Read more...
We’ve been talking a lot about moms here lately, but we want to make sure we don’t overlook an important category of people this week. If, for whatever reason, you won’t be celebrating Mother’s Day with your mom this weekend (or even if you are), this is a great time to acknowledge the mother figures in your life who have been important to you. Perhaps a grandmother or aunt helped raise you, or your best friend’s mom is practically yours, too. Maybe a teacher acted as a motherly guide and had a profound influence on your life. Maybe your dad played the role of both parents while you were growing up. It could even be the “mom friend” in your … Read more...
Did you miss our post last week about what to get Mom, and now you’re running behind on Mother’s Day shopping? We’ve got you covered. Ordering online may be cutting it close timewise, but it’s not too late to make her something! Sugar scrubs are super easy to make, and they’re amazing beauty products. They gently exfoliate your skin, leaving it soft and rejuvenated. There are a ton of different kinds, but my favorite is a simple brown sugar scrub. Here’s how to make it!
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
A container of some sort
Raw cane sugar
Any additions you’d like (citrus, essential oils, vanilla extract, etc.)
Add the coconut oil. Some … Read more...
Whether we’re coming back from work or a grand vacation, we all love the feeling of going home. That’s why we spend so much time making it perfect, investing in the best appliances, electronics, furniture, décor, and everything that makes home our favorite place to be. With so much value placed on this space, it’s important to remember to keep it safe. Protect your home and everyone in it by installing the necessary items.
Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are required, and the most efficient way to get the benefits of both is to install the Nest Protect 2nd Generation Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Choose between wired and battery-powered versions, and feel comfortable knowing the smart technology … Read more...
Now that the weather is warming up, it’s time to transition from the comforting warmth of hot coffee to the refreshing coolness of iced coffee. Fortunately, this is super easy to do at home! There’s a misconception that you need cold brew K-Cups or special brew-over-ice gear, and these things are great, but you can easily make iced coffee with the things you already have. Just follow this simple process!
1. Gather materials. You’ll need a Keurig, a K-Cup, ice, a cup, whatever additions you like to put in your coffee, and a stirrer.
2. Fill your cup with ice. Make sure it’s safe to hold hot liquids!
3. Brew your coffee over the cup of ice. I … Read more...
With Mother’s Day coming up next week, it’s time to get serious about planning the day. If you’re stuck on what to do that will really make Mom smile, take a look at some of these fool-proof ideas for a memorable day.
1. Cook for her. Breakfast in bed is a traditional example, and that’s a great thing to do, but lunch or dinner would be nice, too. For extra points, maker her breakfast in bed, and then take her out for a nice dinner later on.
2. If she doesn’t already have one, get her a Keurig. If she does, get her some K-Cups. Actually, get her K-Cups either way.
3. Moms love memories. Make her a … Read more...
Happy Earth Day!
Today, we want to share with you some of the ways we make an effort to reduce our impact on the environment and kept this planet beautiful and sustainable.
1. Each of our sixty-six showrooms has been retrofitted with LED lighting, which is 80% more efficient than traditional lighting. The huge difference in energy use reduces demand from power plants and decreases greenhouse gas emissions. LED lights last much longer than traditional lights, which significantly reduces waste. Their lack of toxicity makes their disposal far less harmful to the planet.
2. Four of our facilities utilize solar panels. Solar energy is an alternative for fossil fuels that is renewable and does not pollute the air with harmful … Read more...
Feeling a bit sedentary this spring? Worry not! We’ve compiled the perfect workout playlist, with contributions from our friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, to get you up and moving! So grab your Fitbit, strap on your iPod or MP3 player, and go get active!
Shout-out to the following awesome people for contributing to this playlist!
@CollinPisarra on Twitter
“Gimme Some Lovin’” by Spencer Davies Group
“I Still Believe” by The Call
@Adelida2011 on Twitter
“High Class” by Eric Paslay
“Friday Night” by Eric Paslay
“Standing Outside the Fire” by Garth Brooks
@timvantime on Twitter
“C’mon C’mon” by The Von Bondies
“A Song for Ernest Hemingway” by The Wonder Years
“Morning Light” by The Dirty … Read more...
While you’re spring cleaning everything this season, don’t neglect your appliances! It’s sometimes easy to forget these things need to be cleaned periodically in order to continue to function optimally and keep the air in your home fresh. While this is important, not everyone has time to deep clean every item in their house. So here are some quick, easy ways to get your appliances sparkling without losing the whole day.
Wipe down the sides with an all-purpose cleaner or white vinegar. Then remove the bottom rack, and pour a cup of vinegar on the bottom of the machine. If you’re feeling frisky, sprinkle a 1/4 cup of baking soda on there.
Mix baking soda and vinegar, and … Read more...
Assuming the weather doesn’t have any more surprise snow for us, it’s time to jump into getting the lawn prepped for the new season. If there’s any snow still hanging around, wait for it all to thaw before you get started. Then follow these steps!
1. Rake away all the debris the winter left behind. This will create a fresh and aerated foundation for your lawn to grow healthfully.
2. Stop weeds before they start by applying a natural weed killer. A lot of people have had great results using a homemade mixture of salt, vinegar, and dish soap.
3. Fill in bare patches by spreading a small layer of compost on the area and overseeding with either a cool-season … Read more...