With Mother’s Day coming up next week, it’s time to get serious about planning the day. If you’re stuck on what to do that will really make Mom smile, take a look at some of these fool-proof ideas for a memorable day.
1. Cook for her. Breakfast in bed is a traditional example, and that’s a great thing to do, but lunch or dinner would be nice, too. For extra points, maker her breakfast in bed, and then take her out for a nice dinner later on.
2. If she doesn’t already have one, get her a Keurig. If she does, get her some K-Cups. Actually, get her K-Cups either way.
3. Moms love memories. Make her a … Read more...
Happy Earth Day!
Today, we want to share with you some of the ways we make an effort to reduce our impact on the environment and kept this planet beautiful and sustainable.
1. Each of our sixty-six showrooms has been retrofitted with LED lighting, which is 80% more efficient than traditional lighting. The huge difference in energy use reduces demand from power plants and decreases greenhouse gas emissions. LED lights last much longer than traditional lights, which significantly reduces waste. Their lack of toxicity makes their disposal far less harmful to the planet.
2. Four of our facilities utilize solar panels. Solar energy is an alternative for fossil fuels that is renewable and does not pollute the air with harmful … Read more...
Feeling a bit sedentary this spring? Worry not! We’ve compiled the perfect workout playlist, with contributions from our friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, to get you up and moving! So grab your Fitbit, strap on your iPod or MP3 player, and go get active!
Shout-out to the following awesome people for contributing to this playlist!
@CollinPisarra on Twitter
“Gimme Some Lovin’” by Spencer Davies Group
“I Still Believe” by The Call
@Adelida2011 on Twitter
“High Class” by Eric Paslay
“Friday Night” by Eric Paslay
“Standing Outside the Fire” by Garth Brooks
@timvantime on Twitter
“C’mon C’mon” by The Von Bondies
“A Song for Ernest Hemingway” by The Wonder Years
“Morning Light” by The Dirty … Read more...
While you’re spring cleaning everything this season, don’t neglect your appliances! It’s sometimes easy to forget these things need to be cleaned periodically in order to continue to function optimally and keep the air in your home fresh. While this is important, not everyone has time to deep clean every item in their house. So here are some quick, easy ways to get your appliances sparkling without losing the whole day.
Wipe down the sides with an all-purpose cleaner or white vinegar. Then remove the bottom rack, and pour a cup of vinegar on the bottom of the machine. If you’re feeling frisky, sprinkle a 1/4 cup of baking soda on there.
Mix baking soda and vinegar, and … Read more...
Assuming the weather doesn’t have any more surprise snow for us, it’s time to jump into getting the lawn prepped for the new season. If there’s any snow still hanging around, wait for it all to thaw before you get started. Then follow these steps!
1. Rake away all the debris the winter left behind. This will create a fresh and aerated foundation for your lawn to grow healthfully.
2. Stop weeds before they start by applying a natural weed killer. A lot of people have had great results using a homemade mixture of salt, vinegar, and dish soap.
3. Fill in bare patches by spreading a small layer of compost on the area and overseeding with either a cool-season … Read more...
If you are the type of person who really appreciates music, you deserve all the right gear. Here are some of the coolest things you can own as a music lover.
Everyone is different, and the perfect headphones for me aren’t necessarily going to be the perfect headphones for you. You have to consider things like fit, style, sound, practicality, etc. So take the time to try out a variety of headphones, and find the pair you’re really going to love. Music is an entirely different experience on the right pair of headphones. It will change your life.
These are so cool, and they’re super convenient and easy to use.
… Read more...
If there are kids in your life (whether they’re yours, your sibling’s, or a friend’s), you probably want to buy things for them. Giving kids gifts is always an adventure because if you give a child something and they don’t like it, you’ll know. So when you set the personal challenge for yourself to achieve a positive reaction from your young recipient, it’s particularly satisfying when you succeed. To help you with this task, we’ve compiled a list of gifts for children with various interests and personalities.
Video games are a fun way to spend time for people of any age, and they frequently encourage imagination, strategic thinking, and teamwork. Browse our selection of Rated E games… Read more...
So you just got a new iPod or MP3 Player. Awesome! Congrats on this improvement to your life. In order to get the most out of this investment, you’re going to want to make sure you have the necessary accessories.
This is obvious, and your device probably came with a pair, but I encourage you to look into what other options exist. You’ll be amazed at the possibilities, and at the incredible audio quality that comes with a really good pair of headphones. Worth it.
There are several options for cases, so you’ll be able to find something to work with your device and your lifestyle. You do need a case, though. It’s worth the low … Read more...
Your phone isn’t the only device that can upload photos directly to social media. Many digital cameras can connect to Wi-Fi and do the same thing! We know you love the convenience of sharing your photos immediately after taking them, but you don’t have to sacrifice quality to do so. Here are a few of the many cameras that allow you to take gorgeous photographs and upload them with just a couple clicks.
Nikon even offers photography classes, so you can learn all you need to know to start uploading … Read more...
P.C. Richard and Son had the amazing honor of being able to donate two televisions to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at UConn Health. The TVs have been installed at the wash stations, where everyone who enters the unit is required to spend three minutes washing their hands.
The TVs display important information for people to read while they wash their hands, including guidelines for how to properly handle the babies.
We are so inspired by both the hard-working employees at UConn Health and the patients’ families. We’re proud to have been able to contribute to the continued growth of such a dedicated unit.
Stay informed on the latest P.C. Richard & Son sales product news, tips and tricks, … Read more...