Think great friends, awesome tunes and a fabulous destination for the ultimate girls’ summer road trip! Don’t let summer pass you by without planning a great weekend getaway with your girlfriends. Leave the guys (and kids) at home and take a couple days to enjoy a carefree weekend filled with laughter and non-stop fun.
We’ve got the five top things needed for the perfect summer road trip with the girls:
Relying on smartphone apps for all navigation needs means trusting you’ll always be driving in an area with cellular coverage. Trust a GPS to get you where you want to go and to help you find interesting places to explore along the way. Look for a unit with a high-resolution, LED screen that measures at least 5-inches and offers real-time alternate route choices for construction and other traffic delays. Units that offer free lifetime maps make it easy to stay up-to-date when planning next year’s girls’ weekend getaway.
Still trying to decide where to head on the east coast with the girls? How about:
- Atlantic City for the beach, boardwalk and casino fun.
- Long Island wine region for tours and wine tastings.
- Nantucket for antiquing and fine dining.
2. MP3 Player
Forget paying monthly fees for satellite radio in your vehicle. Use an MP3 player for your car audio needs and have your favorite music on hand, all the time. Create a special road trip playlist and be sure to include these 10 favorites:
- “Shut Up and Drive” (Rihanna)
- “Life in the Fast Lane” (The Eagles)
- “Fun, Fun, Fun” (The Beach Boys)
- “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” (The Proclaimers)
- “Life is a Highway” (Tom Cochrane)
- “Every Day is a Winding Road” (Sheryl Crow)
- “Little Red Corvette” (Prince)
- “Go Your Own Way” (Fleetwood Mac)
- “Route 66” (The Rolling Stones)
- “Celebration” (Kool & the Gang)
3. Back-up Camera
The right auto accessories can help you get out of a tight space and make the trip a little easier for the driver. A rear-view camera is helpful when backing up out of any parking space, down driveways or when attempting to parallel park along a busy street. There are several models that can be installed easily before leaving for your trip and it’s an accessory you’ll use for as long as you own the vehicle.
4. Fresh Snacks
You’d never consider inviting friends over and not serving some form of refreshments, right? Likewise, fresh snacks are an essential component of any road trip. Plan to pack two coolers, one specifically for drinks and the other for snacks that require chilling. If space permits, pack a full case of bottled water — it’s always cheaper to bring your own than to rely on picking it up at a gas station or convenience store. Great road trip snacks include:
- Individual cheeses
- Fresh fruit such as grapes, strawberries and blueberries
- Gourmet chocolates (keep in the cooler to avoid melting)
- Chocolate covered nuts or white chocolate covered pretzels
- Gourmet snack crackers
- Trail mix
- Cake pops (keep chilled)
5. Pre-Trip Essential: the Tune-Up
The last thing you want on any road trip is a break-down. Plan ahead and schedule a pre-trip tune-up for your vehicle, including an oil change. Make sure the tire pressure and brakes are checked thoroughly. This may be the ideal time to have a remote car starter installed in your vehicle as well.
Stay informed on the latest P.C. Richard & Son sales product news, tips and tricks, contests, P.C. Richard & Son Theater shows and more! Subscribe today.