In order to stop fighting your mattress for sleep, find the mattress that’s right for you based on your sleeping position, health concerns, and overall comfort.
If you are like me, you fall asleep instantly, on your stomach, with one hand under your pillow, and one leg straight. You toss and turn, steal the blankets, kick, grind your teeth, snore and have issues waking up in the morning while sprawled out across the bed. If you’re like my boyfriend, you take some time to fall asleep, and you fall asleep on your side with knees curled in. You wake up easily, never have the blankets, get kicked, and have issues waking up in the morning while exiled to one foot … Read more...
Since we spend a third of our lives asleep, it seems reasonable to try to understand as much about this thing we do as possible. You probably don’t spend too much time thinking about mattresses or the sleep process, but it turns out there are several interesting things worth knowing. Here are six strange and fun facts!
1. Before color television, most people dreamed in black and white. Now the percentage is much smaller, and it mostly consists of older people.
2. It’s illegal to buy a mattress on Sunday in Washington. Law experts in Washington, please explain.
3. Mattress dominoes is a real thing. It’s a category in the Guinness World Records!
4. The expression “sleep tight” exists because … Read more...
The invitation has been extended and accepted. Now it’s time to prepare the room for your holiday guests. Let P.C. Richard & Son help you prepare for visitors with guest room ideas for family and friends.
Reclaim the Space as a Bedroom
If you’ve been using the spare room as a workout space, office, craft room or a dumping ground for the stuff your family accumulates, now is the time to reclaim the space as an actual bedroom. Clear out any personal items and thoroughly clean the room from top to bottom, including carpet and window treatment cleaning. If possible, relocate any exercise equipment as it will make the room and your guests feel cramped for space during their visit.… Read more...
There is no greater pleasure in life than waking up refreshed from a good night’s sleep—so what can you do if your sleep isn’t as restful as you’d like? One of the most common sleep-stealing criminals is living right in your bedroom: your mattress. You might not think of it, but the everyday wear and tear on a mattress can replace your once peaceful nights with restless nights that leave you sore and groggy. If you’re not getting as good of a night’s sleep as before, it’s time to consider a new mattress. Here are the top five signs that it’s time to buy a new mattress.
It looks like it’s seen better days
The easiest sign that you need … Read more...
Where you buy a mattress is about to change! We have recently opened mattress departments in select superstores with more departments opening soon!
Why should you buy your mattress at P.C. Richard & Son?
- We are the largest family-owned appliance and electronics retailer since 1909… we’re the company you can trust!
- Price match guarantee. We will meet or beat any advertised price.
- We have the largest selection of Sealy and Stearns & Foster mattresses in Connecticut.
- All of our mattresses are direct from the factory and made in the USA.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable sales counselors are factory trained and will help you find the perfect mattress.
- We also have a great selection of pillows, non-allergenic mattress protectors, frames and
… Read more...
Any mattress that helps you sleep comfortably and wake up feeling refreshed, without pain and stiffness, is the best mattress for you. Unfortunately, there is no single mattress that works for all people, so finding your perfect mattress can be a challenge. Everyone’s bodies adjust to mattresses differently, and all have a preference to the firmness. Here is an easy guide to explain the various options you have to choose from.
Mattress Size: What size is appropriate for my room and situation?
Let’s start with the simple option first: size. Picking the size of the mattress should be the first thing you do. Take into consideration the size of the sleeper as well as the size of the room this … Read more...