With every new year comes the opportunity for a fresh start. You make your list of resolutions and imagine the new you, but did you imagine the steps and work you’ll need to put in to achieve your goals? Many people don’t, and if you don’t go in with a plan, you’re less likely to succeed.
One of the most popular New Year’s resolutions is to lose weight and get fit. If living a healthier lifestyle is on your list, we’re here to help you reach your goal. Aside from getting a gym membership, other tools that can help you achieve a healthier version of you this year:
Let’s start in the kitchen. One of the biggest excuses … Read more...
You wash your pillowcase regularly, but did you know you should be washing your pillow, too? When you’ve been using it for a while, it’ll start to get yellow and full of dust and germs. A great way to keep these allergens at bay is to use a pillow protector, but you still need to wash the pillow approximately every six months to ensure healthy breathing. The process is very simple!
1. Before you start, check the tag to make sure your pillow is machine washable. Most are, but foam and buckwheat ones need to be washed by hand.
2. Remove the pillow case and protector.
3. Wash two or three pillows at a time to keep the load balanced.… Read more...
In order to stop fighting your mattress for sleep, find the mattress that’s right for you based on your sleeping position, health concerns, and overall comfort.
If you are like me, you fall asleep instantly, on your stomach, with one hand under your pillow, and one leg straight. You toss and turn, steal the blankets, kick, grind your teeth, snore and have issues waking up in the morning while sprawled out across the bed. If you’re like my boyfriend, you take some time to fall asleep, and you fall asleep on your side with knees curled in. You wake up easily, never have the blankets, get kicked, and have issues waking up in the morning while exiled to one foot … Read more...
Since we spend a third of our lives asleep, it seems reasonable to try to understand as much about this thing we do as possible. You probably don’t spend too much time thinking about mattresses or the sleep process, but it turns out there are several interesting things worth knowing. Here are six strange and fun facts!
1. Before color television, most people dreamed in black and white. Now the percentage is much smaller, and it mostly consists of older people.
2. It’s illegal to buy a mattress on Sunday in Washington. Law experts in Washington, please explain.
3. Mattress dominoes is a real thing. It’s a category in the Guinness World Records!
4. The expression “sleep tight” exists because … Read more...