Thanksgiving is almost here and if you are hosting at your house this year, you’re probably scrambling to make sure everything is in order. Here is a quick checklist to run down to make sure you are right on track for the big day:
- Confirm your guest list. You may have had last-minute cancellations or last-minute invites.
- Confirm you have enough place settings, tableware, and chairs.
- If you didn’t already clean up the house this weekend, start your cleaning now.
- Make sure all of the china and glassware has been washed and your napkins and table cloths are clean and ironed.
- Make room in your fridge for fresh groceries you may still need to purchase.
- If you haven’t stated defrosting your turkey yet, you better start now… it takes 24 hours to defrost a 4-5 pound turkey. You can thaw it in the sink faster with cold water if you are pressed for time.
- Purchase any fresh items on your list tonight, as well as drink items you might need, seltzer, cider, etc., and fresh flowers if you plan on making an arrangement for a centerpiece.
- Set your cooking schedule for Thursday
- Prepare and refrigerate your deserts and side dishes.
- Set the table and arrange seating. Place any additional fall decorations throughout the house.
- Chill beverages and make extra ice cubes if you aren’t buying a bulk bag.
- Turn on the Thanksgiving Day parade and get into the spirit!
- Follow the cooking schedule you set
- Put the turkey in to roast
- Defrost dinner rolls and any other frozen items.
- Complete all other dishes needed such as salad, fruit trays, cheese platters, etc.
Serve, socialize, enjoy, and relax! From the P.C. Richard & Son family to yours, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!
Stay informed on the latest P.C. Richard & Son sales product news, tips and tricks, contests, P.C. Richard & Son Theater shows and more! Subscribe today.